Sunday, October 31, 2010

India.Arie - Video

Video was India.Arie's first single and right away I knew that she was someone special. The song was catchy and lyrics were meaningful. They left me with a sense of pride and I could relate to what she was saying. Every song that she has released since then has also had a special quality. They have honesty and truth in the lyrics.

I also love India's sense of style. I believe that India's mother designs her wardrobe. They are unique designs with an Afrocentric flair. The clothes flatter her figure and are vibrant in color.  She often wears long flowing maxi dresses that expose a shoulder.

I really appreciate the female neo-soul artists and their fashion sense. I love artists who are earthy like India.Arie, Erykah Badu, and Jill Scott.  In this technologically advanced world of the internet, blogs, twitter, and facebook, I can become so easily influenced by international haute couture. I need to remember that there is more to fashion and style than haute couture.

No comments:

Post a Comment